3. Jim Ward – Quiet in the Valley, On the shore the End Begins & The Elec: This album is based on old EPs, but when I listened to this album, it was like hearing these songs for the first time.
5. Rihanna – Talk That Talk: She’ll stay on top with this album. Lot’s of #1 singles in the mix.
6. Foster the People – Torches: One word, “Pumped Up Kicks.” It was probably stuck in your head at some point this year. Like that song, the album is all too catchy and danceable.
7. Florence + the Machine – Ceremonials: I got hooked with “Shake It Out’ and it took a while before I listened to the entire album, but once I did, I got hooked on the entire album. She definitely went “bigger” with this album.
8. Cut Copy – Zonoscope: A great flowing album from start to finish. It wasn’t exactly In Ghost Colours caliber, but this album has some great sounds.
9. Britney Spears – Femme Fatale: Not usually a Spears fan, but this might be her best album – maybe because of the intense auto-tuning. Great summer album with quite a few hit singles that will keep you dancing.
10. Arctic Monkeys – Suck It And See: This is the first album that I really liked since Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not. This band is really maturing and I hope it continues in this direction.